tisdag 16 december 2008

Earthquake and twats

Ok, I think that something is seriously spooky...
Last spring when I lived in England I experienced my first ever earthquake. I had just about gone to bed when the whole house started shaking. An optimist as I am my first thought was not "natural causes" but more in the style of "Holy f**k, we're being attacked! They're bombing us!". "They" were aliens/terrorists/teletubbies, in my state of confusion all three were just as scary.
Decided to flee the house (who knows what an english terrasshouse can withstand?!) in my white dressing gown, ran out of the bedroom and met my housemate Andy in the corridor...camly brushing his teeth!
"Didn't you feel that?!" I half-screamed in a tone indicating a slight worry of "oh no, did I imagine that?"
"What? The earthquake?" the skinny brummy mumbled with his toothbrush still working away.
Must admit that I felt like a silly little Swede at that moment in time...But I seriously didn't not believe that you could get earthquakes in the UK! Nor in Sweden!
But this morning nature decided to show me that that is indeed possible when the south of Sweden experienced a quake of 4.7 on the Richter scale! Seems like nature wants to prove me wrong and induces earthquakes whereever I am.
Note to self: If there is an earthquake on Crete during my stay there, be seriously concerned!
Oh yes, I have lost my belief in the goodness of mankind. It's kinda hard to think well of people when your family home has been burgled twice in 3 weeks!!! The first set of thieves at least kept it tidy, could hardly see they had been there, instead of the set yesterday who turned the house upside-down. Cheers for that! And Merry Christmas to you too!

Inga kommentarer: